Tonight, we made linguine with clam sauce!
Linguine with White Clam Sauce
(adapted from here)
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 1/2 c. (1 stick) butter
- 1 bunch of garlic, minced
- 2-6.5 oz. cans chopped clams
- 1-10 oz. can whole baby clams
- 1 tsbp. oregano, chopped
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/4-1/2 tsp. salt, to taste
- 2-12 oz. boxes whole wheat linguine
- Grated Parmesan
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the butter in the olive oil.
- Add the garlic and cook until golden (DO NOT burn!)
- Add the clam juice, oregano and parsley; simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the clams, pepper flakes and salt, and cook until heated through.
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
- Return pasta to pot and combine with clam sauce.
- Serve and top with Parmesan!
NOTE: My mom and I have a tendency to automatically add more red pepper and garlic than what the original recipe calls for, so adjust accordingly. We like our garlic!
I hope everyone's weekend was as good as mine!