Wednesday, February 27, 2013

DIY #2: Super Cute Knitting Needle Storage!

Finishing a knitting project makes me feel accomplished, but then my needles are awkwardly hanging around when I don't have a project in the making.



Today, I *was* going to start knitting something new, but I was missing one of my knitting needles...




The solution I ended up devising used up some scrap wrapping paper and those tubes that glow sticks come in when you get them at the Target dollar section. I decided to share so nobody else loses their knitting needles. Enjoy!


Things you will need:


  • Glow stick tube with the two end caps
  • Scissors
  • Glue
  • Piece of wrapping paper large enough to cover the tube

Assembly:


  1. Apply a line of glue down the tube and spread around with your finger.
  2. Place the tube, glue-side down, on the edge of the paper. Make sure it is parallel to the paper so that stays straight when you roll it.
  3. Roll the tube in the paper and determine how much paper you need to cut off.
  4. Cut off excess.
  5. Add another line of glue to the tube where the paper is sticking off of it.
  6. Cut off the excess paper on the ends of the tube and tuck in.
  7. Replace the caps onto the tube and stick your knitting needles in! Repeat with more tubes and other cute wrapping paper and enjoy. :-)

I don't know if it was really necessary to make a post about this because it's so straightforward, but I thought it was worth sharing. Now you can store your knitting needles in style AND toss them into a bag with some yarn to knit on the go without the needles stabbing anyone.

I hope everyone's week is nothing but awesomeness.


No comments:

Post a Comment