Today, I *was* going to start knitting something new, but I was missing one of my knitting needles...
The solution I ended up devising used up some scrap wrapping paper and those tubes that glow sticks come in when you get them at the Target dollar section. I decided to share so nobody else loses their knitting needles. Enjoy!
Things you will need:
- Glow stick tube with the two end caps
- Piece of wrapping paper large enough to cover the tube
- Apply a line of glue down the tube and spread around with your finger.
- Place the tube, glue-side down, on the edge of the paper. Make sure it is parallel to the paper so that stays straight when you roll it.
- Roll the tube in the paper and determine how much paper you need to cut off.
- Cut off excess.
- Add another line of glue to the tube where the paper is sticking off of it.
- Cut off the excess paper on the ends of the tube and tuck in.
- Replace the caps onto the tube and stick your knitting needles in! Repeat with more tubes and other cute wrapping paper and enjoy. :-)
I don't know if it was really necessary to make a post about this because it's so straightforward, but I thought it was worth sharing. Now you can store your knitting needles in style AND toss them into a bag with some yarn to knit on the go without the needles stabbing anyone.
I hope everyone's week is nothing but awesomeness.