Tuesday, September 18, 2012

I made a dress! (And almost killed my camera...)

I'm so proud of myself!

I have successfully made my first dress!




Dress: DIY
Collar: Ebay
 Socks: Forever 21
 Oxfords: Target

I spent the better half of an hour taking these pictures. It really shouldn't have taken that long, but I had to take them myself... I like the idea of doing outfit posts, but upon shooting these photos, I realized that I really need a tripod and remote. My "tripod" consisted of a box upon a stool upon a table. And I had to do auto focus so I could just press the button and run in front of the camera. I hate auto focus because it's blurry. Oh, and also, my camera fell, but it survived :-) B) I feel awkward taking pictures of myself. I wish I was photogenic...

Anyways, making a dress was the most frustrating/fun thing to do. It took me a long time, and I ended up hating the pattern. I made the bodice first, and it looked all boxy, so I chose to fix it and then make my own skirt and sleeve patterns.

I got tons of compliments and people were impressed that I made it! I think dressmaking might become a regular thing for me ;-) (And I have another dress in progress now!)

What's the most awesome thing you've ever made?

No comments:

Post a Comment