Super-yummy Chocolate Cupcakes:
Makes about 32 cupcakes
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda, separated
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/4 tsp. Kosher salt
- 3 sticks unsalted butter
- 2 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs (room temperature)
- 1 tbs. and 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
2. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, 1 tsp. baking soda and salt.
3. Put butter and sugar into a saucepan and melt. Make sure to mix it a lot so that the sugar doesn't burn! After it is melted, put this mixture into a giant mixing bowl and mix with an electric mixer for 5-10 minutes, until cooled. Add eggs, one at a time; then add vanilla and finally cocoa mixture. Reduce the speed of the mixture to slow, and add 1/2 of the flour mixture. Mix well, then add the yogurt. After that is all mixed, add the rest of the flour and mix.
4. Preheat oven to 350° and line cupcake tins with liners. Fill cups 3/4 way full. Bake for 20-25 minutes (or until toothpick comes out clean), frost with frosting, add some cuteness and enjoy! :-)