Monday, July 8, 2013

Pin-Spiration #2: Sugar Donut Muffins

Once upon a time, I needed something quick and tasty to bake because it was already past 11:00 pm and I needed to bring said "quick and tasty something" to church, bright and early in the morning.
And then I found this pin on Pinterest.


New favorite muffin recipe!


Sugar Donut Muffins

(recipe from here)

Ingredients:

  • 3/4 c. sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
  • 1/4 c. veggie oil
  • 3/4 c. milk
  • 1 tsp, vanilla
  • 2 tsbp. butter, melted
  • extra sugar, for rolling

Method:

  1. Preheat your oven to 350° F and spray 2-12 cavity mini muffin pans with cooking spray.
  2. In a large bowl, beat the sugar and egg until pale in color.
  3. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
  4. Pour flour mixture into egg mixture and stir to combine.
  5. Pour in oil, milk and vanilla, and stir to combine completely.
  6. Spoon the batter into the muffin tins (~2/3 full)
  7. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until a wooden tested inserted into the middle comes out clean.
  8. Once the muffins are cool enough, remove from the muffin pans.
  9. Brush the top of each with melted butter, and then roll into sugar.





I followed this recipe to a T and am so glad I did! I want to experiment with baking them in my Babycakes cake pop maker to make donut holes! Or maybe adjusting the recipe to use yeast to be like a raised donut! Baking is fun; I donut understand people who dislike it (it's okay, that pun wasn't funny in my head, either).


No comments:

Post a Comment