And then I found this pin on Pinterest.
New favorite muffin recipe!
Sugar Donut Muffins
(recipe from here)
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 c. veggie oil
- 3/4 c. milk
- 1 tsp, vanilla
- 2 tsbp. butter, melted
- extra sugar, for rolling
- Preheat your oven to 350° F and spray 2-12 cavity mini muffin pans with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar and egg until pale in color.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
- Pour flour mixture into egg mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour in oil, milk and vanilla, and stir to combine completely.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tins (~2/3 full)
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until a wooden tested inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Once the muffins are cool enough, remove from the muffin pans.
- Brush the top of each with melted butter, and then roll into sugar.
I followed this recipe to a T and am so glad I did! I want to experiment with baking them in my Babycakes cake pop maker to make donut holes! Or maybe adjusting the recipe to use yeast to be like a raised donut! Baking is fun; I donut understand people who dislike it (it's okay, that pun wasn't funny in my head, either).