Tuesday, March 27, 2012

DIY #1: Bow Sweatshirt

Even though the daffodils are out, it's been a little chilly up in my neck of the woods. So I decided to decorate a $2 plain white sweatshirt I got from the clearance at Target. (It was inspired by this cute Stella McCartney dress that I saw on Alexa Chung's Teen Vogue cover.)


I started out with a plain sweatshirt, some ribbon, black thread, needles and scissors.


And then I made a bunch of little bows...


cut the ends to make them fancy,


and then I had a little pile of 'em.


Then I pinned and sewed them. They were kind of different sizes, but that was okay because the variations made it cuter :o) When sewing them, I made the stitch perpendicular to the stitch in the ribbon to hold it together.


And then wah lah! A cute bow sweatshirt :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment